What information should I provide to ChipMonde.com to book my tours?
When you book a service through our website, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, and may be asked to provide additionally the names of people traveling with you, as well as any special request or preference to complement your service and make it more memorable.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, we recommend you to sign up and get a user account. This will allow you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
Every time you visit our website, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, including but not limited, your IP address, which browser you’re using at that moment, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, its specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers all data from where you’ve made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
For what purposes does ChipMonde.com collect my personal information?
At ChipMonde.com we may use and share your personal data, specifically as follows:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and manage your online booking. Partial or total information may be forwarded for your reservation details to the service provider you’ve booked.
- Customer Service: Our customer service has specific, partial or total access to your information. By this meaning, our customer service may contact you to provide you support regarding our services, an existing booking or simply to help you to find the best service for your trip.
- Guest Reviews: Everytime you book a tour through our website, you will be invited to write a guest review right after you have enjoyed your tour. Your review may be helpful to other travelers to choose the services that suit them best.
- Account Administration: At ChipMonde.com you have the option to sign-up to get a user account access. The information that you provide us allows you to manage your account, your bookings, get special offers, make future bookings as well as manage your personal settings. This user account also allows you to see any reviews you’ve submitted about tours you’ve enjoyed.
- Marketing Activities: Your information may be used, as far as permitted by law, for marketing purposes. When you book a tour through our website or sign-up for an account, we may send you special offers and news about similar tours and services. Additionally, we may send you, with your consent -if required by your local law-, Newsletters by email with important information about our services, destinations or new products. You will have the option at any time to unsubscribe from our marketing lists by clicking the Unsubscribe option on our email communications.
- Other Communications: We may contact you by email, traditional mail, phone or text message, upon the contact information you share with us in case we need to reply to any requests you’ve made; remind you of any unfinished booking process; send you information of interest related to previous or an existing booking to get the most out of your trip; send you surveys inviting you to rate our services and experience at the ChipMonde.com website; sometimes we may ask our customers to take part in a market research in order to take the best actions to promote destinations, tours or a specific service. All information you provide will be only used with your previous consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Although our business is based on a pay-on-destination model, certain services may require to pay its full amount in order to guarantee your spot. Therefore, we may require your credit card details and we may use your personal information simply to avoid any fraud or illegal activities that could affect you.
- Improve Our Services: We use personal data for analytical purposes. By improving our services, we enhance the user experience resulting in a better functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does ChipMonde.com use social media?
We use social media to promote our tours, expeditions and shuttle services provided by our partners and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we integrated social media plugins into the ChipMonde.com website. So when you click on one of the buttons and sign-up with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly displayed on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network upon your security and/or restrictions settings.
These social media services may allow you to share information with ChipMonde.com. When you register with a social media app, you’ll be told which information will be shared with ChipMonde.com. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our website. It facilitates things like personalizing our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations, and analyzing and enhancing our travel-related services.
We may also enable you to sign in to ChipMonde.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does ChipMonde.com share your data with third parties?
In certain situations, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The Tours You Book: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the provider of services you’ve booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of people traveling with you, as well as any special requests and/or preferences you specified when making a booking. This information may also be used by ChipMonde.com or our providers to give you personalized offers related to the reservation. If you have a question about your reservation, we may contact the provider and ask them to handle your request.
- Third-party Service Providers: We may use service providers (such as “data processors”) to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent Authorities: We may disclose personal data to law enforcement and other government authorities in such case as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How does ChipMonde.com use mobile devices?
Our regular website has been optimized for mobile. The responsive website process the personal details you give us in pretty much the same way as our website does. In order to make a reservation, certain and specific information will be needed from you in order to complete the process.
How does ChipMonde.com use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After you have enjoyed any activity booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review. This invite may ask for information about the service itself, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want to use your name with the review, you can use a screen name (which you can choose in your user account). By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant service information page on our websites and in our social media accounts, to inform other travelers about the quality of services you performed.
If you indicate that a guest review was helpful—or not helpful—we’ll aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in anonymous form—unless you’ve included this information in your public profile—to help other travelers find the right destination. The information we retrieve from these reviews may be shared with our providers, with the sole purposes of improving their services and quality.
What is a cookie?
Why are cookies used?
Websites have no memory. If you’re surfing from page to page within a website, you won’t be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you’re recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their life span, and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional Cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and help you use our website efficiently and effectively, for example, by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the tours you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to gain insights into how our visitors use our website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you’ve viewed, which referring/exit pages you’ve entered and left from, which platform type you’ve used, date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they’ve been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers use tours offers integrated into their websites.
- Commercial Cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting or remarketing” and it’s based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the activities you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown. Commercial cookies may also be used by select third parties to display their products and services through our website.
How long do ChipMonde.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying life spans. The maximum life span we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want. Just go to the settings menu of your browser and select the option referred to delete the cookies; you may have in consideration that certain browsers clear all cookies, this may result on information loss of other websites you’ve visited before and that you may not want to be deleted.
How can you recognize ChipMonde.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does ChipMonde.com use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, ChipMonde.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. ChipMonde.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of the behavioral advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org andwww.youronlinechoices.com to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI or IAB member’s behavioral advertising program, just check the box that corresponds to the company from which you wish to opt out.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to ChipMonde.com cookie data?
Only the team at ChipMonde.com has access to ChipMonde.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads customized to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does ChipMonde.com use web beacons?
In addition to using cookies, ChipMonde.com sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who’s being shown an online advertisement also makes a reservation, to track conversion with partner websites and to analyze a user’s traffic patterns in order to optimize the travel-related services we bring to you.
What security procedures does ChipMonde.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with Mexican data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Your credit card details—when they’re needed as part of the reservation process—are not stored by us at any moment. All the reservations you make through our website are processed via online payment gateways such as PayPal so you won’t be requested to provide your credit card details. Also consider that ChipMonde.com will not request by any means your ID user account nor your password, if you have a pending payment or a due amount, your reservation may be cancelled or not processed.
The booking services offered by ChipMonde.com are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed to people under a legal age at the place the booking is being submitted. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it. If a legal guardian or parent is authorizing a child to place a booking with his/her information, we may request additional information in order to comply with our fraud detection and prevention clause. However, our services may not be suitable for children by their own.
How can you control the personal data you’ve given to ChipMonde.com?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Request of personal information” in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your official ID card or passport to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we’ll update it at your request. If you do not want to use ChipMonde.com services anymore, you can ask us to block your personal data from being used again. You can unsubscribe from the ChipMonde.com newsletter at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link included with each newsletter. Requests to update, block or remove personal data can be made by sending an email to email@example.com; please note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping, to process claims or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who’s responsible for the processing of personal data on the ChipMonde.com website?
Dongury S. de R.L. de C.V. controls the processing of personal data on its websites. Dongury S. de R.L. de C.V. is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of Mexico. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated, July 2015