Part 1: Because the best things always come with second parts!
Cancun is a one-of-a-kind destination and although is a particularly young city, has became one of the major tourist landmarks in Mexico.
More than a Sun and Beach spot in the Mexican Caribbean, Cancun is such a versatile place. During your next vacation to this charming and busy city, you will have tons of fun, discover new places to go, and get inspired by breathtaking scenarios; for any reasons you may have to visit Cancun, undoubtedly, there are a lot of places we fully recommend and that you cannot miss at all!
Join us on this virtual trip throughout the city of Cancun and get to know interesting places in town and its surroundings, considered as “a must to”:
- MUSA: If you are a snorkel or diving lover, the Underwater Museum is the perfect place to start your vacation. This fascinating underwater museum is located right next to the Manchones reef. Here, you will admire an amazing statues-collection that had been sculpted by recognized Mexican and international artists, the museum is not only a unique expression of art, it’s also an artificial reef which hosts several species of tropical fish and plants.
- Isla Mujeres: This beautiful and colorful town southeast from Cancun, is only a 30-minute boat ride away. This island has been recently named as Magic Town, a Mexican program that promotes important destinations that offer an interesting cultural heritage. Also, in Isla Mujeres you can practice diverse activities including snorkeling to the lighthouse, rent a golf cart or hop onto a scotter to ride along the island, among others. Take a stroll through downtown Isla Mujeres and buy handcrafts or souvenirs for your loved ones back at home. Don’t forget to delight with the exquisite Tikin-xic, a tasty and seasoned grilled-fish, the specialty of most of the restaurants in this beautiful island, pair it with a cold beer, your palate will love it!
- Nightclubs: It really doesn’t matter if you are traveling to Cancun on low or high season, fun is always at its peak every night. Located in one of the most important landmarks in Cancun, the Hotel Zone Party Center, offers different nightclubs, diverse themes. From Coco Bongo to Palazzo or Dady’O, fun is guaranteed. Here you will find amazing night shows, beautiful local people and from all over the world, and the best entertainment in town. If you prefer, there are many activities to enjoy a relaxing evening in a quiet atmosphere.
- Market 28: This market is a very interesting place at downtown Cancun. To get here, just take a bus and make sure to ask the driver if he gets to this market, as you might board other route and get to another place instead. In Market 28 you will find a lot of small handcrafts and jewelry stores as well as seafood and typical food restaurants.
- Playa del Carmen: Your trip to Cancun won’t be complete if you skip Playa del Carmen. In this cosmopolitan city you will find beautiful beaches where you can relax and let the sun bath your skin or practice different water and land sports. During the evening, take a walk across the 5th Avenue, where you will find shops, restaurants of Mexican and international specialties, bars just to quench your thirst, or simply pay a visit to any of the Gelatos’ shops located along the street. At night, the very best beach-sided clubs are an excellent option just to meet new friends or the love of your life, who knows!
There you have, our first 5 spots you can’t miss on your next trip to Cancun! Share the list with your friends and tell us which ones are you guys up to visit soon.